To Chiswick

Up to London this afternoon unburdened by my computer for once, having worked on my own stuff this morning. After the business was done, with Matty boy and others in Turnham Green, Matt and I went across the road for a drink at the George, then down at the City Barge. A leisurely few drinks, and good to chat not least because Matt was on the other side of the Brexit business. Now that it is inevitable I am really keen to hear balancing views on this, because I seem to be in a bubble, fostered by Facebook and so on, of only hearing views that correspond with my own.

Ultimately friendship is more important than politics. He is planning to get married next year too up in Cheshire, not far from Alderley Edge which I've often thought about visiting having read Alan Garner books set there when I was a kid. Stayed in the Barge for food and they are very attentive to Matt and so we got great service. Home late, and everyone in bed. I stayed up to watch an episode of Family Guy.

Comments