Pitching into a holiday

Up at six this morning, and off to the station to catch the 7:01 train to Blackfriars, which weirdly enough wasn't delayed, cancelled or anything. Preparing the pitch on the train, then met with Matty, Mark, Helen and Dave in the Starbucks. Then off to the charity to do our pitch. Went fairly well I think, Matty and Mark a very good double act, and I did my presentation well. Helen is nice, and has worked with Paula and Marcella in the past and said some good stuff. Dave who is out of his comfort zone pitching did well too. The client wasn't giving much away and we were the first agency they saw.

All done by 11 o'clock and then a saunter along the street to Blackfriars where I eventually caught the train back to Brighton. Again playing patience on my computer, and listening to the audiobook The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro. I really like his writing.

Home at 1:30 and after chatting to Lorraine, simply slept as I am still feeling a bit under the weather. Lorraine out for acupuncture and then seeing Dawn. I slugged in doors, very happily, watching TV and listening to music and drinking tea and sparkling water. All well.

The idea that I am now on holiday (as much as I ever am) is seeping in on me. Happy days.

Comments