Kicking back again

Another wet and blowy day, with lots of fine rain. Lorraine and I chiefly had a big hoover and tidy up of the house, and then simply relaxed. Beth home after a sleepover with pals, and laying low, beset by cats. Lorraine doing jigsaws, sewing and reading, and me finishing stories by H.P. Lovecraft and Nathan Ballingrud. A brief interlude between rain where Lorraine pruned the rose bush in the front garden. We watched The Death of Stalin, which had Armando Iannucci's brilliant portrayal of political chaos to the fore. Lorraine cooked her amazing Persian rice, Chelsea beat Tottenham. All good.

I received a note today confirming my day at Balfour School on important Skelton Yawngrave business. Balfour is on Balfour Road, which is parallel to Osborne Road where we live, just one turning down the hill. Also planning with Lorraine a creative writing masterclass with some of the Bolney bairns there. I'll be doing it with Lorraine, which will be great fun.

Comments