The sweetest little rose the garden ever grew

Up and sorting a few things to do with work out, and then I walked across to Evolution arts to do stained glass for a couple of hours. Feels a friendly place these days. Yvonne texting me suggestions for horse therapy names during the day, as I'd mentioned this was one of my current briefs. I spent most of my time happily  nibbling bits of glass into shape with pliers. I have accepted slow progress, and no longer strain at the leash, and as a consequence enjoying the class much more. There was classical music on the radio and I said that it was like a rehabilitation centre for people recovering from a mental illness. One of my new classmates said she was an occupational therapist, and this was exactly the kind of thing they did.

Then zooming straight to Janet's place for one o'clock. Janet's nieces Kim and Heather had arrived, and Janet was very happy chatting to them. I liked Kim and Heather very much right away.  I spent quite a bit of time with Ken watching him smoke and treating him like a human jukebox, and being rewarded with lots of old time tunes, one on constant play at the moment is Sweet Rosie O'Grady, 'the sweetest little rose the garden ever grew', and Pack Up Your Troubles in your old kit bag, another with lyrics about an elephant's nest in a rhubarb tree 'and I climbed up to get some eggs, and all the yellow ran down my legs,' which seems a bit disgusting, but quite entertaining.

As the afternoon went on Janet had a time, and was vomiting lots and in pain. We had to call for the district nurse, who came twice in the afternoon and early evening. She was phoning Martlets, however, getting them to bump Janet up the waiting list, as her case is now becoming urgent. Hus and I were left with her and she began complaining of pain, so we phoned Martlets who told us to give her another dose of pain medication. This made her drowsy and okay. A bit later she was sick lots. Lorraine came in the afternoon too, as I was a bit freaked out and thought for a moment Janet was going, and was looking very ill as Hus and I were with her. However eventually everything settled down. Janet's nieces returned, and Lorraine and I gave them a careful handover, and eventually left at around eight.

Bob and First Matie called today, but I wasn't able to talk to them.

Two rejections from agents for my children's novel today.

Home and to the Park View for fish and chips and a beer. Soon home however, to collapse on the sofa. A somewhat gruelling day. Lorraine very supportive of me and everyone, and Beth being a treasure this week.

Comments