Life of Brian

Up with Lorraine and the sparrows. Breakfast, and then dosed Brian up with painkillers by rubbing his gums. This a two person job, although Brian seemed unusually philosophical about it. He sits about like a smack head afterwards, and stares happily into space. By evening he was moaning at me about wanting to go out, and is gradually seeming quite a bit brighter.

So working at seven in a bit of a frenzy to get stuff sent off to my friends in Paddington. They were kind enough to give me time to taxi over to Janet's house. Due to a glitch on the Taxi app, a second taxi arrived at my house while I was in the first. Driver two phoned me angrily, but I had none of it.

I arrived at Janet's the same time as Hus. Long meeting with the palliative care nurse from Martlets, and the social worker.  I left feeling the wheels were turning. Janet has a tendency to downplay her need at crucial times, so I am pleased Hus and I were there. While everything wasn't completely sorted out, Ken's care is doubling. I discovered there was yet another team, the continuing care team, who will provide cover for Janet. Turns out they met with Janet a couple of weeks ago and she refused care. So we got that reversed, and I kept pressing the need for round the clock care. The social worker very nice too. Poor Hus is exhausted and very stressed by the whole thing, having done the lion's share of looking after them till now.

A bus home. A quick chat with Mum while I snarfed down lunch. I keep having to bump seeing her, which I feel bad about. Lunch followed by a concentrated work frenzy, then a long teleconference with Ash and Dan who I was in Vienna with last year among others. Lots of info, despite the brief from the client being woolly. So happy to be at home however. Deleting four hours of pointless commuting from the day is an absolute boon.

After work I had an hour's walk, some of it while chatting to Anton. Lorraine out this evening with the Friends of Bolney. Lazily, I bought fish and chips, which I shared with Brian, who ate the fish hungrily. At least he is eating a bit now, although he is a bit dubious about his normal food, which the vet said he might associate with feeling ill.

I had more emails about Janet with her friends in the evening, which I answered.

At the end of the day I sat with Brian and watched Life of Brian. He seemed to think it was nothing like his life at all. I felt I had already seen the whole film in clips, despite never having watched it.

Lorraine home late. Soon we sloped off to bed. I read a few pages of The Secret Garden to Lorraine, but she was fast asleep in no time. And soon I was too.


Comments