A strange outburst of singing

My thoughts very much with Janet today. I had a call about them from their old friend Ros this morning. Lorraine and I called around to see her and Ken this afternoon, and we spoke to Hus and May. While we were there another friend of Janet's called Georgie called around. In the evening, I sent a note out later to several of Janet and Ken's friends and relatives with the latest news. They have requested 24 hour care, during a conversation this morning with the district nurse.

After our visit, Lorraine and I went down to the seafront at Hove, where we sat on a bench listening to the sea for a bit in the sun. However and exuberant Hare Krishna parade terminated just behind us, in joyous singing and the distribution of fruit from a large cart. It was rather surreal, but made me feel suddenly quite cheerful. Odder was the life-size model guru they passed reverentially into the passenger seat of a car. It looked so real it could have given someone a nasty turn if found unexpectedly.

Home and Lorraine worked, and I sent out the note about Janet.

I also chatting briefly in the day to Mum, and to Toby.

Meanwhile Brian is beginning to worry us, having been off colour for a couple of days, he is not improving and not eating and seems very ill. Off to the vet with him tomorrow.

Lorraine and I drank some wine this evening, with our evening meal and watched The Bodyguard, which is rather compulsive viewing.

Below the Hare Krishnas.






Comments