A Monday and a half

Monday and up with the sparrows and working on my French brief for two hours till 9:30 whereupon I began my day's work. However the Martlet's nurse was coming around to see Janet this morning, and I felt I had to be there, so I taxied off there to be there for 11:30. Janet seemed bright today, and was sitting up on her newly delivered tilting medical chair. When the nurse arrived Janet was somewhat downplaying her symptoms. Janet asked Hus to take Ken for a smoke in the back, and Heather and I filled in the gaps a bit. Ray and Sonia dropped in too.

I had to leave after the meeting, but I was pleased I had been there. Janet just wanted to hold my hand, before I left, but I had to go after a bit as I was feeling stressed about work.

Home again, and hard work till sixish. Interspersed with calls from a very stressed Hus and others about Janet and Ken. I managed to screw a couple of minor things up as I worked too, which is unlike me and made me feel bad. I am oppressed by work.

The decision was taken that Janet is being taken into the hospice tomorrow. I felt much relieved about this, as at least I don't have to worry that she will be medically okay.

After work was done, I went for a short walk and the idea of a pint of Guinness came to me as naturally as leaves to a tree. I went to the Park View and had one there, and spoke to Rod on the phone and told him that Janet was going to the hospice. Afterwards Rod called Hus, and then called me back to say he was coming down tomorrow to look after his dad.

Lorraine joined me in the pub, and had a gin and tonic, not having had a particularly great day herself, then we sensibly went home to eat and chill out a bit in front of the tele. We watched half of Back to the Future, which for some reason I had never seen, but we were both too tired to finish and went to bed.

Comments