Conkers

Up early and working from home, but a very difficult day dominated by Janet even though I did not see her. She was unwell today. I had calls with Hus, Georgie (a friend of Janet's), and Rod, plus sent various emails. I am finding the experience stressful, as all the practicalities are new to me, people seem to be looking to me to know what to do, and obviously I feel very sad about Janet.  I feel as if I am wearing a heavy greatcoat all the time.

Not much other news, other than having to work on stuff from my pals from Paddington. This was a bit fraught too as items I'd sent them hadn't been received, and I thought they were demanding another piece of work I had not yet done and so on.  I am writing about events in an internal conference of a pharmaceutical company. It seems so trivial at the moment.

Brian seems much recovered, and flinging himself desperately at the front door when I opened it in an attempt to escape. Thankfully he seems much better. Calliope sitting on my lap while writing, and biting my arm if I moved too much.

Managed to slip out for three short walks. The parks beginning to turn a bit for autumn, and a bit of rain and general dampness today. This is my favourite time of year. Conkers under the conker tree was a nice thing to see.

Heard from Carl today, he is feeling optimistic about the future, and changing how he works, which was good to hear.

Lorraine home late and hangry after pilates. Fishcakes for tea. After supper I was a bit of a zombie. Early to bed, and a bit more of The Secret Garden, enlivened by Lorraine's unusual Yorkshire accent.

Comments