Another day in Hove

Spoke to Carl this morning, asking his advice on the Ken and Janet situation. And spoke to Mum as I was walking over to Hove to meet Beth in Caffe Nero. A quick coffee there before buying Janet an Ice Chocolate Mocha and taking it round. Lots of people about today, Hus there as well as Ken's son Nick. Plus various nurses and carers visiting, and someone to take Ken out for a trundle in the sunshine on his chair. It was exhausting for Janet and Ken. Beth and I, in between talking to people, running various errands and so on, got a few things stuck the walls, such as key phone numbers, medications and a timetable to note who is coming when. I also spoke to the social worker. Very pleased to talk to the very chatty Nick, who is town crier of Axminster,  and discover he said he had no intention of having Ken far from him after Janet dies.

A deluge of emails later from Ken's family trying to find ways to help. Hus now has to focus on getting work. It all feels somewhat overwhelming.  Beth, who just lives down the road, will be popping in from time to time, to offer some extra help. Having Beth there today was a breath of fresh air.

Home and as I was stepping indoors Clem next door who has been replacing the roof tiles on his house and has scaffolding up, stopped me said that he noticed we had cracking in our firewall, but he could fix it for us for a small sum. I readily agreed, for the likelihood of me clambering about on the roof with a can of glass fibre paint is remote.

I sat in the garden when I got home and drank a small bottle of Corona beer in the sunshine. I am viewing the situation with Janet and Ken as an opportunity to help old friends, and am accessing my higher self. It is a heavy responsibility, however.

Lorraine home, and we at outside for a bit chatting about our days, before supper and a bit of rather stylish TV, Killing Eve.

Comments