Llamas and patties and buns

Up and did some work today, as Lorraine was having to sort some stuff out too. Then we walked down in the afternoon to Grand Central where Louise Tondeur launched informally her short story collection, Unusual Places. It was quite an informal affair, though lots of poetry pals were there, Louise's wife Sarah Barnsley obviously, but also Jeremy, Charlotte, Robin, Stephen, Janet Sutherland and John McCullough among others. Lou read a very good extract from one of the stories, as young Zach encouraged people to buy the book. Lorraine and I did, naturally. Lorraine and I talked to Bob the husband from the husband and and wife team behind Cultured Llama the publishers.

Then home, after this pleasant interlude, before we headed out again to have an surprise birthday bite organised by Klaudia for Anton. We met in a newly-opened burger joint called Patty and Bun. Anne, Anna, my excellent godbairns Klaudia and Oskar and L and I tucked into various burgers and had a cheery meal. Nice to see Anna who I'd not seen for a while. Anton had a good night too, and I had a nice chat with Anne.

Fond farewells at the taxi rank again, but Lorraine and I caught a bus home, and then I phoned mum  before we began to gather ourselves for bed, for tomorrow is Lorraine's first day at school, albeit an inset day.

Below Louise Tondeur,  a self-confessed introvert who read very well indeed, and she made me want to start reading the stories as soon as I get the chance. More about the book can be found here.




Comments