A big decision

Up and off in a cab to Janet's place. Got stuck in traffic, I asked him the Italian cab driver people were being horrid to him after the Brexit vote, and they weren't. We agreed Brexit was a stupid idea of course. In the real world the reality of this unworkable idiocy is beginning tell. Prime minister May humiliated in Europe today, and given some home truths by the French President Macron, that the people who had promised that Brexit would mean great things for the people, were liars and have all disappeared. I do feel sorry for May. She is in an impossible position.

So arriving at Janet's, Betty was there having come early. After conversations Beth told me that Hus had yesterday I wanted to talk to Janet about going into a hospice. Luckily she quickly told me she did not have to be persuaded that this was a good idea. She had a particularly rough night last night. I asked her to think about it again, and an hour later when Hus was there we discussed it again, and she was still firmly for it. It was a big decision. I then phoned the hospice to find out what the score was. Naturally there is a waiting list, for every part of the system, NHS and care services, and charities are overstretched. But they would make another visit to assess her. An urgent plan needs to be put in place for Ken, and a plan has to be there for Ken before they'd take Janet.

So a conversation with the Social Worker who for the first time returned a call, which was at exactly the right moment. I told her about Janet's new decision. Luckily Rod, Ken's son was coming down today, and as he has power of attorney for his dad, he met with the Social Worker in the afternoon, and the care routine was changed for Ken.

I then had to zoom back to do my day's work, I was cringing because it was half past eleven, and was picturing lots of red faced emails from my Paddington chums. Surprisingly they hadn't provided any work, and when chased, decided early in the afternoon that they wouldn't give me any today. No problem as I was already thinking about a naming brief from the French agency. I have to think up a brand name for the company, as well as for a range of products which is quite an interesting brief.

Took myself for a walk in the afternoon, and walked around the streets and the park, and settled in the walled garden. I was the only person in there for a bit, and sat on a bench under a tree by the oblong pond, and watched the shoal of black and gold goldfish under the waterlilies, and two large dragonflies darting about above the water. I stayed there meditatively for a while, and although the noise from the nearby traffic is loud, it was still a  tranquil moment.

Made meatballs tonight in a sauceand spoke to Hus and Beth again, who is being a boon. Lorraine home after a hard day, chatting lots about everything. Gave her meatballs, and she had a small bottle of beer. A couple of episodes of Killing Eve, which is very stylish and created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who did Fleabag, a show I liked a great deal a while ago.

Bed, and a couple of pages of The Secret Garden. The characters experiencing the magic of spring and healing, which are comforting thoughts just before bedtime.

Comments