Heart in a bag

Apart from a few emails and a chat with Rod, Ken's son, to discuss his wellbeing, and Ros in France, I did not visit Ken or Janet today. I was feeling run down with a closed up throat, and Lorraine has been worse. However, we did go for a short drive off to Trading Boundaries, driving through the countryside beginning to go tawny. We nosed about there for a while, looking at the interesting furniture, much of it imported from India.

I of course particularly nosed at the beautiful Roger Dean prints. They are lovely things, and of course Dean had colonised my visual imagination since I was a boy.

We sat outside having a coffee and sharing a cheese scone while a Jazz band inside slurred through standards like So What, and Take 5 and My Favourite Things. Both of us somewhat below par. I feel drained and without a creative bone in my body.

However, one of the weirdest things about today was that my brain was taken over by Pat. I found myself lapping up the scores in the Ryder Cup golf match. Something which has never happened in my life.  Lorraine told Maureen this today too.

On the way home we stopped at a Farm shop and bought some vegetables and, because there were freshly baked pies being brought out by the woman who cooked them, there was a pork and apple pie. Lorraine also spotted some hearts, and came away with a heart in a  bag, to show to the children at school next week. It made me feel a bit squeamish for some reason, even though I have eaten heart in the dim and distant, and dissected a heart when I was doing A level biology.

Home and I had a chat with Mum, and plan to see her this Wednesday. Otherwise Lorraine rallied a bit as the day went on.

Below a glimpse into the room full of precious Dean prints, casually displayed, but nice  nevertheless. In the high quality prints that are here, the colours really zing.


Comments