Making a start

Monday then, and Lorraine off to school for the inset day, before the children all pile in tomorrow. The alarm going off at six, and back into the new routine. I like getting up early and stealing a march on the world.

So making what seems like a new start. A new list, which looks a lot more practical and balanced than the lists of summer. I spent much of the day working on my Waiting Room project, getting in touch with the French Bloke who has agreed to let me bounce it off him, as he has a large and different brain. I also billed mes amis in Paris, and made a few calls, including to Janet who I will see on Wednesday all being well.

Off for a walk this afternoon around the edges of the golf course, not a massive walk but enough to stir the blood. I find you can have a short walk, but if lots of it is not on a pavement, this is more demanding. At the moment I am preferring walking outdoors to going down to the stuffy gym. When the weather turns wretched, I shall gym it a bit more.

Lorraine home and we watched an episode of the BBC's very tense indeed new drama, The Bodyguard before sloping off for an early school night, after Lorraine talked to Dawn, who recently broke her elbow on Ben Nevis, and has had some sort of plate put in.

Comments