Some good news

Lorraine working from home today with me, which made me feel much happier.

I spoke to Hus who had some good news. The District Nurse was like a whirlwind today, she is going to get a bed at home for Janet, and much greater support now, thank God.

I spoke to Janet at lunchtime, and she has asked me to sort some stuff out from her tomorrow, which I will do when I visit her. She was also pleased the District Nurse recognised the help that Hus and his girls had provided. Janet has been in bed now for two days.

Working all day too of course, on the job with my pals in Paddington, but able to drift downstairs to see Lorraine and have a cup of coffee with her outside in the afternoon. Worst thing is that I thought I was working four days this week, but I learned at 5:20 that they want me tomorrow too, which means I have to negotiate time to do Janet's things in the afternoon, and miss my stained glass class again.

Brian the cat released into the outside world again, looking a bit of a sight with his shaven side and throat. Also he is eating more than normal, so I think he is definitely on the mend.

Typically wordless email from Toby forwarding one from the Romster with holiday destinations in Sicily for next year. Sat looking at the links, and Lorraine said she felt all sunny.

Lorraine and I mooched off to the Park View tonight, and had a bite to eat and two beers. I feel extremely tired at night due to the emotional pressure, so sat there somewhat non-verbally, but nice to have a date night with my lovely wife. Home and a bit more of The Secret Garden. Lorraine reading again, and making me laugh with her bizarre voicing of an old an Yorkshire gardener. It is a lovely story.

And so to sleep.

Comments