Glass and crashing out

So with all the agency work behind me, Janet in the hospice, Ken being looked after by his family, I was free to go to my stained glass class with a clear conscience this morning. Nice to be there, although it was a case of two steps forward and one step backwards, as I broke the corner off an irregular piece I'd spent ages nibbling. In the middle of happily doing the glass, I had a wave of anxiety, and went out of the room and had a panic attack, and felt very shaky for a couple of minutes. This follows the typical pattern for me, of dealing with a crisis and then feeling the anxiety later on. Luckily these days panic attacks are extremely rare for me, and I know how to deal with them. In a few minutes I was back in the class getting on with things and everything was fine. Chatting to Ben afterwards. I really like him.

Then on the bus to Martlet's hospice to see Janet. Met Hus and Kim there, and Hus's brother. Good chat there just making sure that we were all on the same page with Janet's care and what and when needed to be done about funerals and so on. Also saw Ray and Sonia. It seems as if my part in all this is shrinking now the families are involved, and this makes me feel extremely happy. Janet in fairly good spirits, and with more energy than the last time I saw her. I bumped into Ken and Caroline, who gave me a big hug. I am pleased they were there, as I had spent much of the previous evening assuring Ken he would see Janet tomorrow. Sonia and Ray, who are really nice, and they gave me a lift back towards Brighton, and I jumped onto a 5B.

Tired when I got home. Poor Lorraine arrived croaking with no voice and feeling pretty poorly. We were going out tonight, but we cancelled. I popped around the corner and picked up a curry, and we had a quiet night in. I found myself pretty exhausted too and it was good just to be together and crashing out.  One thing about all the horridness of recent weeks is that it certainly makes Lorraine and I realise again just how lucky we are to have each other.

Comments