Treadmill

A peaceful morning. I got up and bought some bread and bacon, and Lorraine and I had bacon sarnies in bed, which was decadent. Lorraine had to go off to her school this afternoon, as it was the school Christmas fair and she had to be sociable and mingle with folks. I spoke to Mum, then received a poetry rejection for a MS I'd been rather hopeful about, and then went to the gym for the first time in ages. It helped and I wasn't too tired afterwards.  I went into my ideologically unsound Starbucks for a coffee and a vile blueberry muffin, and thought about doing some work, but found I wasn't in the mood for poems, or doing much.

Reading a book of Ancient Egyptian writing. Although I was taken to the British Museum at an early age and Ancient Egypt has always been no my radar, I never feel I know too much about it. The fact that the first great dynasty started just shy of 3,000 years before Christ in a civilisation that continued till well after Christ's birth really is remarkable. I don't think I'd ever really clocked this before.

Walked home and cooked some sausages and made the Lorraine comfort food of mash, with fried onions, peas, carrots and gravy in time for Lorraine when she came home brandishing a bottle of Bolney champagne and a Christmas cake, she'd bought at the fair. This sausagey fare went down very well. We had a happy night indoors watching Expanse, our SF series, and then Chelsea beating Manchester City on Match of the Day to pull a little clear at the top of the table.

Spoke to Mum again, and Mason now moved out of the ward we saw him in yesterday, Toby texting too this evening.



Comments