Taking a bow

Lorraine up early and made porridge and tea for us, which I ate in bed. Then I found Giannis in the kitchen, and made toast and scrambled eggs, taking the opportunity to have a Hobbit's second breakfast with him.

I made myself a tea and after the water had quickly reboiled I found that I was pouring a dilute instant coffee over my teabag, which was a bit of a surprise, but we laughed about it. Glen came around again, and another quick chat with him before he and Giannis set off into Brighton. Glen incredibly busy trying to get a whole slew of stuff sorted over here.

To work, and after a few hours, I decided I needed to stop going around in circles and cut myself a bit of slack.

At lunchtime I broke off to see Eleni and Glen perform a lunchtime concert in the Unitarian Church. Said hello to Giannis again and Sakis and Rita, Eleni's mum and dad. Glen and Eleni did a lovely job,  Eleni truly is a fantastic singer. I wrote about their performance here.

Home again to round off the week of work, and blurt out the above review before Lorraine returned home.  Sonia here telling me she has joined a Bulgarian dancing group in Brighton. Some English women doing it too, who are apparently pretty good, and she invited us to see them perform in March.

Then off to The Great Eastern where we had arranged to meet Anton and Mari. Lorraine and I both finding ourselves in need of booze. But when we arrived Anton was nursing a half, which was a bad sign, and it turns out he is recovering from a food poisoning or a bug. Mari's flight was delayed on the way over, and then her luggage didn't arrive for a few days. But despite these setbacks it sounds like she had a really good visit. Touched that she gave me a copy of a book of contemporary American poetry.  We went on to The Chilli Pickle, which seems a to have edged itself a wee bit downmarket, but the food was still excellent. Sadly Anton unable to eat his food, although the rest of us strapped on the nosebag with some gusto. Cabbed home, with Anton looking a bit greenish about the gills.

Fond farewells tonight too with Giannis who will be setting off for the airport at a ridiculously early time. A lovely man.

Below Glen and Eleni about to take a bow.


Comments