Keep off the groynes

A slow start to the day sitting in bed with Lorraine, she wrote someone's job reference, and I wrote some stuff on my other blog about Tammy and Clare, which combined with an explosion of views in Greece for my bit on Glen and Eleni, meant I had my best ever day for hits on that site.

Got up late, and sat around in the kitchen with Lorraine and Beth plotting Christmas menus and writing shopping lists. They love doing this, and I chipped in with helpful suggestions like rum.

Lorraine and I drove down to the seafront and went for walk to blow away the cobwebs. It was extremely windy, hard to walk at times and the sea was white in the storm. The wildness very beautiful. Lurched about in this for the best part of an hour, suddenly having our feet soaked by a wave that sneaked over the side at us.  The water felt comparatively warm.  Home with wet socks to hot cups of tea, and Lorraine had some work to do, and so did I.

Reconvened for a roast supper, which was excellent, and an quiet evening in. I must have been homeless in a former life, because I am always grateful to have a home to go to and be out of the weather.

Below Lorraine by the seaside, third one down featuring the pole built for the i360 or, to use its local name, the iSore.






Comments