Betty's birthday day 2

Lorraine and I had another restful start to the day. I lay in bed and wrote another post about Chad and read the paper, and my lovely wife brought up some breakfast. Eventually I got up in stages, ironing my shirts while Lorraine who had been momentarily gung-ho about getting up lay in bed playing computer games. Once up we conducted a major tidying up session.

Later, Beth's pals from uni Eliza and Emily arrived, to the accompaniment of much excited squeaking from Beth. Then we all got ready and John, Lorraine and I walked down to the Hare and Hounds, and the immaculate girls cabbed it. A nice night with lots of Beth's besties there such as Laura and Sarah and Matt and Amy and many more. Mexican food there, including burritos with rice inside, which I found a bit odd but everyone else said was normal. At one point all John's housemates arrived en masse, and I had a brief vision of him as the leader of a cult. Interesting chat with Matt who grew up in a haunted house, and his coping technique was to befriend them. His story of music playing in a room that stopped when you opened the door was deliciously creepy.

As the night wore on the young 'uns were heading off to the Funky Fish for a dance, Lorraine and I however made off to the Evening Star. We just missed seeing Glen and Eleni, and her parents and Giannis who is coming to stay with us for a few nights. However Richard and Maria Grazia were just leaving, and Steve Cartwright stopped and had a final beer and a good chat with us.

Home to sleep like babies.

Below Betty with few of her many pals, and Lorraine looking at her phone.


 

Comments