Goldsmiths

Working at home on various bits of my own this morning, including poetry, which is feels like a wonderful luxury. Still having the odd wussy day which I can't attribute to much other than overarching hypochondria.

Off this afternoon up to Goldmiths College in New Cross. Train fairly direct to New Cross, and I was early so I took refuge in a nice boozer Called The New Cross House and nursed a pint of IPA till Robin came and we went into the University where we found a room with Sarah in it getting ready for her reading. We hastily assembled our books, and banner and so on. Robin did an introduction to Sarah's reading, and I did the thank you and round up. Sarah did really well I think.

Sold a good few pamphlets, and then afterwards hung about chatting to people and so on. Afterwards Robin and I went back to the pub I was in earlier. Had a quick drink in there and talked lots of Telltale business and other poetry gossip on a table next to a perky little dog, and a pleasant owner. Then we surged off to get the train, and another at East Croydon which turned out to be the same one that split at Haywards Heath. Home reasonably early and found Lorraine on the gold sofa. An interesting evening, but happy to be at home with my lovely.

Below Sarah reading at Goldsmiths.





Comments