Quietly elated

Up early and free to work on my own stuff. Had the best morning's work I can remember. I got to grips with a poem I've been working on for ages currently called The door in the wall, based on the H.G. Wells story, and it really came together. After a while of this, I worked on on the opening to A Glass of Nothing. Feeling quietly elated by this progress.

Physical energy however not so easy to come by, and by late afternoon after taking a stroll in the suddenly much colder weather, I needed a doze. The evening however fun. Met Jess and Andrew in the Shahi who are cheery company and easy going, chatting and forking down my traditional chicken tikka bhuna jaal with good cheer.

Lorraine and I didn't have to cope with forgetting our keys this week, which was a great boon.  However once we got home, we heard about dreadful attacks in Paris, and watched the rolling news coverage on BBC news. Having popped over to Paris this year, and being pretty close to where the attacks happened, it made it seem all the more real. Eventually we tore ourselves away and went to bed feeling pretty sobered by it all.

Comments