Betty's Birthday

Betty's birthday so first thing we had the 24 year old Betty perched on the end of the bed excitedly opening birthday presents, like someone far younger, before having to zoom off to Eastbourne. I had early chats with Matt about the editing of the DRTV stuff, then the meeting I was due to have this afternoon was cancelled, thankfully freeing up time. Chatted to Sonia a bit who told me about seeing her dream house in Bulgaria when she went back to the old country last.

Lorraine having a horrid morning at work, but things gradually improved once she was home in the afternoon.

I popped over to see Janet and Ken. Said hello to Ken who was feeling a bit rough and exhausted in the last few days which is making Janet anxious. He went to bed as I arrived, and Janet and I chatted for an hour or so, and she gave me a pokey compost aerator.

I hurried home, the temperature dropping noticeably, pausing only to buy some emergency eating chocolate for Lorraine in addition to another bar of dark chocolate for the chocolate cupcakes she was baking, then drove off to collect Beth and John and some rather good pizzas from Pizza 500 which we ate with some of their excellent gelato with a cupcake afterwards.

The rest of the evening given over to playing a game of Euchre, which was fun and always makes me think of Dave my grandfather, which is nice.

Below Beth blowing out relighting candles on some cupcakes.



Comments