Key moments

A few more freelance bits, and I worked on poems in hot knife through butter mode. Feeling better 'in myself' as they say than I have for some time. Vile rain this morning, which made me feel even happier as I was working from home.  Eventually into the windy wetness to saunter over to Janet and Ken, and to drop off a document and pause for some Janet's pistachio balls and a cup of tea. Learned that part of Ken's fitness regime is being made to walk to the shop if he wants fags, which I found rather funny. Otherwise both in pretty good spirits.

From there to The Good Companions where I met Anton for a swift drink, and to use his magic card that he was given there once which entitles him to cheaper drinks. Amazing. Hearing about his plans for when Mari comes over, which he is clearly looking forward to lots.

Then I walked down to The Shahi to meet Lorraine, and Malcolm and Lynn for a curry. Enjoyed the evening, and they were asking about the great Chad adventure in an interested way too, and we were celebrating Lorraine's imminent headship.

Fond farewells and we set off for home. As we started up the hill I casually mentioned to Lorraine that I did not have my door key, and she mentioned that she had forgotten hers too. Things seeming a bit bleak for a while. Eventually after examining our options, we called Beth who was babysitting in Eastbourne, who managed to taxi home by midnight. Waiting for Beth, Lorraine and I went to the Preston Park Tavern, where I had an absolutely final drink, after a fairly enthusiastic night of drinking. We left at chuck out time and only waited a minute before we saw the welcome sight of Betty in a taxi, armed with a key.

Bed hurried into.

Comments