Open house

Quietly philosophical this morning (a.k.a hungover) but Lorraine and I were up early and off to Sainsburys to buy some baguettes and make a large breakfast for Beth, John, Eliza and Emily, who were still recovering from a late night of partying and sitting about on the gold sofa blearily watching Friends and other comfort viewing for most of the day.

Lorraine and I went for a walk this afternoon, happily mooching about in some of the open houses near us, and bought a few bits and pieces. One house particularly good, and featured the embroidery of Agnes Chavalier. I'm not usually big on this kind of thing but her work looked like paintings, but because the threads were going here and there it reflected the light in an interesting way and I began to see the possibilities of using embroidery that I had not before. I particularly liked this picture and bought a card of it.



Back home and the girls gradually rousing themselves to travel home, and Beth went to stay with John. Lorraine drove everyone to the station, and returned and she and I enjoying a tranquil night on the gold sofa watching the new David Attenborough nature series The Hunt, today's episode set at sea and featuring shots of a blue whale, and then Match of the Day, rendered watchable for Chelsea managed to scrape a one nil win at home to lowly opposition Norwich.


Comments