Accounting for the day

Monday. Emailed Val in Paris to send my best wishes. Nobody at their office hurt, thankfully, although their office is close to where the trouble was.

Started by working on my poems. Then quickly morphing into doing accounts, after seeing Andrew on Friday. Rain and ghastliness outside for most of the day and night. Anton drove around to collect my waterproof over trousers to wear while on a walking break next week.  He zoomed in and looked at our new music player, and liked it. Not too surprising as he was the one who recommended it. Then outside to go for a quick spin in his new BMW which has a retractable roof and heated seats with little hot blowy things that puff on the back of your neck. Drove around in the cool day, with electronically warmed buns.

Back for a teleconference, and to arrange to see Brad later in the week to work with him on the DRTV edit in Canterbury. Rest of the day spent untidying my office, doing accounts and so on.

In the evening, after Beth had cooked Lorraine and I roast vegetables, couscous and salmon I made off into town for a poetry workshop at the Three Jolly Butchers. Arrived there and Matt happened to be there, a fast chat with the maestro before joining my poetry confreres. An interesting night, although I felt a bit tetchy and not in the mood. Tess Jolly's poem fantastic as usual. Lurked behind talking to Robin Taylor and Marek Urbanowicz, and Susan Evans. Before making it home in the pouring rain. Lorraine and Betty watching the detectives.

Comments