Mixing it up

A long slog. Up and working at my desk at seven, until I had to give a presentation to a dozen or so folks, as Marlène not really fluent enough to present in English. I felt for her today. She had a cold and her son had kept her up all night with flu and having to spend the day working in a foreign language with me

This evening, after scoffing a delicious dinner Lorraine had made, I sloped off to Patrick's house grateful for a walk, even though it was very cold. Spend the evening with him and Andrew listening to two new tracks he has put together. He has been composing in a sort of electronic dance music way, and one of the tracks Shiny Shoes, was a bit like Underworld, and a proper banger. It sampled people giving offensive opinions on phone in shows, which escalated into a song which was a refuted them. Andrew and I, accidentally in matching jumpers, listened to it at high volume, while sipping a couple of judicious beers and gave what feedback we could. Andrew a particularly perceptive listener. But Patrick is so amazingly talented and versatile that it was hard to know how to improve the work.  

Adele had been out with Kate, who is Andrew's wife and also a pal of Lorraine's. Kate gave me a lift home, which was kind.

Patrick in his music studio, entirely in his element.



 


 

Comments