Rough in sea and throat

The house had survived storm Isha the night before, the worst of it was the hours around midnight.

Woke up feeling drained and sore throaty, which made me irritable.  We got up and after breakfast together, I interviewed Seán Hewitt, a Dublin-based poet.  I was very impressed with his work, and he was a nice guy too, young and thoughtful. Lorraine busy doing lots of stuff such as laundry, tying up the fence with Joy on the other side (we are going to have to replace that fence anyway) and a spot of piano practice before zooming off to Ashford to see Pat and Maureen. She also left me with soup for lunch, and dinner. 

The interview in the bag, I took myself for a short walk, down to the happiness sign, and then along the coast for a bit. It was low tide, but the sea was rough, and the wind strong.   

Sluggish afterwards, and lurked mainly on a Lorraineless gold sofa. Pleased however, that I had space and time to simply recover at my own pace. Watched Network News, a film with well drawn characters I'd not seen. Freja, when she was last over, has somehow hooked us up to her library of movies, and this was one of them. I then binged a series on BBC called Couples Therapy, following the work of a couple's therapist in the New York, and showing the therapeutic process as four couples tried to solve their problems.

Brian has not understood the cat flap, despite using it. I found a puddle of cat wee this evening in the toilet, while I was on the phone to Lorraine. To bed. Throat painful, peeve that a potentially perfect writing day was wasted by having no energy.    

Still... The sea was gorgeous.










Comments