Sour beer

Maureen phoned early this morning, not feeling too well. Lorraine decided to drive over to Ashford today, instead of Monday. Maureen felt improved later on.

As we were organising ourselves this morning, a man came to measure the new double glazing glass to allow for a cat flap. We are fighting a losing battle with the litter tray and will encourage them to use the great outdoors instead. The measuring man was done quickly, and Lorraine left. 

I had a meeting with Marlène, an art director I will be working with next week. She is based in Normandy. Then Chris arrived to do some plumbing. Between all these interruptions, I was editing my latest interview for the podcast. At lunchtime I popped out to Morrisons to buy food, and then back to editing. I was done by 4:30, and then after chatting with Lorraine, went out for a walk by the sea. Felt again my luckiness in being so close to the sea. 

Then I popped into busy  Old Boot Inn and met Steve. He was back from Leicester, and has been feeling glum over the death of his good friend James at the end of last year. After a mother in law in the Boot, we repaired to the King's Head, where we had never been before. As we settled into what had once been the Saloon bar. The other end of the bar was busy with a pool table and lots of men dressed in orange hi-vis clothes. A man dressed in black with a wide brimmed black hat approached us, and suggested quite forcibly that we should sit by the fire, where he had been, and make sure to throw a log on it. He said he had been to his brother-in-law's funeral, but had known nobody there. 

As he was leaving, we took his advice and sat by the wood burner, in comfortable chairs. Quite a good spot, but unfortunately my beer was fine, but Steve's had to be taken back. Both pints in the next round had to be taken back too as they tasted like vinegar. It was then I noticed everyone else was drinking lager. An odd place. We left there and popped into the Old Plough, and had a pint of decent beer, before we went our separate ways. 

I made cheese on toast, and had just finished it when Lorraine arrived home at around ten o'clock. 


Comments