Boules in the brisk wind

Fairly leisurely morning. Lorraine played piano, I played my guitar a bit going back to basics with the music app Lorraine has. After lunch, Lorraine drove us off to Brighton, after a detour to a thread shop in Seaford where I was charged with nipping out to buy some DMC thread for Betty.

To Brighton, Lorraine dropped me Seven Dials, and I went to Anton's house and Lorraine drove off to Southwick to see Betty. Anton and I mooched down to the pétanque court by the peace statue. A bit crowded with pétanque players, but they were friendly and accommodating and we found a space. Pretty cold and windy, but nevertheless good fun, and we played three sets, and a shock 2-1 victory to me though nobody had to 'Kiss the Fanny' apparently the phrase for being whitewashed. Then off to find a cafe, which we did in Hove on Western Road, where we played a game of bones, and sat there in our matching Guernsey jumpers not looking at all odd. Had to leave half way through a game, which we will resume at 4pm on 1st of February, the day that Anton has a drink again. 

A fond farewell with Anton, I caught a bus to Southwick at fiveish, which went all round Sark to get to Herm before arriving anywhere near Betty and James's place. Cheery evening, we had chicken wraps and cups of tea and Lorraine began to crochet  a wooly Gromet. Beth and James obviously full of thoughts about moving to Seaford -- it will happen soon. They got the contract to sign through yesterday.

We left fairly early. I was tired, still feeling my first trip to the gym for a while yesterday, and arrived home. I discovered Brian had enjoyed a poo in the bathroom upstairs on a decorating sheet on the floor left there instead of going outside. Not ideal.

Sat on the gold sofa for a bit before, creeping gratefully off to bed. Listened to a bit of Elidor, the Alan Garner children's story, then Lorraine got Alexa to play ten minutes of Sleep by Max Richter, which soon had us in the land of Nod.

Playing pétanque near the Peace Statue. Anton in the top shot with a gnome's hat. 






 

Comments