Three old pals

A leisurely start chatting to my lovely wifey before before I walked to Brighton Station and trained it to Hammersmith for a long planned meet up with Bob and Carl. As I was a little early, I walked past the offices I had worked at while at what had jokingly been called the 'Glamoursmith agency. For years I looked down from my office onto a large bit of fenced off empty land. This is now all high end housing.

I met Carl and Bob standing by the river wall outside the Blue Anchor. It was a hot sunny day, and we decided to sit down inside for a drink, the first of many. We fixed on a policy of swapping beer for regular soft drinks so that despite going on a long pub crawl we were drinking sustainably. We sauntered from pub to pub along the river: the Rutland, The Dove, Black Lion, then cut inland to go to The Tabard, The Duke of Sussex, The Packhorse, and then finally to the Anarkali restaurant in Hammersmith for a fairly decent curry. During this eight hours we spent hours talking about many things of pressing importance, and having lots of laughs. I just a great time with my two old pals.

We caught the tube into town, Carl getting off first, then me at Victoria leaving Bob on board. I was able to get home to Brighton fairly easily and let myself in at midnight.

Below Bob and Carl in the Dove's tiny bar.




Comments