Clicking

A terrible night's sleep for some reason. Lay awake from 2:30 till 5:30. Less than a springy start to the day, but much revived as ever by the cup of tea my lovely wife brought me.

However a decent day (where I was paid too). I went off to the gym at lunch, then in the afternoon hopped on a bus to see Helen, and discuss the Centaur Project for a few hours. She was already well into setting the last batch of words I sent her. I'm far from convinced that this opera will ever see the light of day, but it is an absorbing process, and I am learning lots.

Meanwhile, I had a bit of a brainwave, and I've been hatching plans and schemes on new project to do with Brighton.

A splendid rehearsal this evening in the Duke of Wellington. I got sucked into the drama and felt like I was watching a play. A good one too. Amazing the difference a day makes, as the rehearsal was way better than the one the day before. Things are starting to click into place. And apart from a smattering of prompts they got through the whole thing off script, and are really bringing it to life. Beth is visibly growing into the role, which is complex and multifaceted. Dylan is also suddenly pulling it all together, and Kitty is flying. We sat outside afterwards for a quick drink and chat. Dylan being very entertaining tonight. He is a very fluent and funny talker, and passionate about unlikely things. Such as the silky scrambled eggs he made this morning, and the best breakfast in London and so on. Kitty is witty and clever and makes me laugh, and wears pug teeshirts. Just nice to be working with these folks.

Home, and Lorraine tired after her long day and pilates, and haggling with people in France about our holiday. Off to bed early, and gratefully.

Below is a Beth selfie (all part of the play...) taken in rehearsal, with Kitty and Dylan in the background.


Comments