What fresh hell is this

Today's fresh hell was waking up and quite suddenly not being able to pee. To London and managed to get through the day's work, emitting the occasional spoonful of wee before mercifully finishing the day and getting home.

After I got home and called 111 to discuss the matter, they arranged an emergency appointment with a charming doctor in the hospital, who gave me a DRE, examined what little wee I could produce for infection, gave me pills and sent me home with the proviso that should I feel that my bladder was going to explode I should return to A&E.

At least, however, it prevented me from the joyless business of being able to watch England crashing out of the World Cup after their second defeat, this time to Uruguay.

All this meant that Lorraine and my meal out with Claudia was cancelled. Annoying and embarrassing. Comfortingly Claudia said that not being able to pee wasn't as embarrassing as shitting your pants, a thought that gave me a modicum of comfort.

And so, uneasily, to bed, but thinking comfortingly of this from Frasier.

 

Comments