More sad news

Up to London feeling tired. Spoke to Mum at lunchtime and she told me the sad news that Betty Tostevin had died last week. This is very sad news as she and Mum had been friends since I was a kid.

Mum is having a series of events like this, this year. Betty was a lovely woman, and a cheery soul despite having many disadvantages such as being deaf, and blind in one eye after a teenage illness.  I am pleased I got to see her, albeit briefly, a few weeks ago, and pleased Mum got to spend an hour or so with her then too.

Otherwise another potentially heartsinking start to the week's commute. Some kind of gas leak near the line in south London. Fortunately despite dire first impressions at Victoria, it did not seem to delay the journey too badly. Glad to be home. Lorraine out singing. Chatted lots to Claudia. I like having a niece.

Comments