About my own business

Monday at home, and got on with some of the bazillion things that have mounted up. Plus an urgent scrap of copywriting for my French client. The orc foot somewhat better, though not yet fully recovered. Hobbled off to the bank and the post office, did things like filing and so on to make me feel organised too.

After Lorraine got home from zooming about the county supporting head teachers we began the process of sorting a mortgage out on the phone. The detail needed these days is intense - down to how much you are paying on individual bills even though we are only wanting to borrow a fraction of the value of the house. L and I seem not to be allowing ourselves to get overexcited. And my last couple of experiences of buying and selling houses were sobering ordeals so I am not cavorting about wildly with my arms in the air. Lorraine being cautious too.

Spoke to Tobster today via facebook messenger in a Chicago cafe called Intelligentsia in Lakeview Chicago even better than Creamer in Toronto apparently. He was looking at the house we have earmarked online. Although this connected world has been a fact of life for a decades now I still get impressed with how easy it is share stuff with the Tobster over the pond.

Very happy to be about my own business today.

Comments