Pulling the plug

Back to work. Not such a bad day despite the fact I was dreading it.  I kept myself calm and on the straight and level. Finished Rock Stars Ate My Life! by Mark Ellen, which was entertaining in its lyrical lament to popular music and music fans.

Getting home was a disaster. Left work in timely way, and caught a fairly early train. However yet another unfortunate was hit by a train, which paralysed the network again. After being on the line outside Haywards Heath for some time, shivering in the overenthusiastic air conditioning the train was disgorged at the station to be told there were no trains for the time being.  Everyone encouraged to spill outside the station waiting for buses, which did not come. Hundreds of stressed, unhappy people.

I spoke to Lorraine on my phone. As I talked to her I got the familiar flashing lights in my eyes, and I was hit by a migraine. Despite having a choir night tonight, Lorraine came to rescue me. I sat waiting for her on the station platform feeling very poor, with spangling lights in my eyes and settling into their familiar widening crescent which eventually goes 'off screen' in about 25 minutes. I don't seem to get much pain, just a feeling that someone has pulled the plug from my socket.

Mightily pleased to see Lorraine in the car, with Claudia. Ferried home and fed and watered before I quickly went to bed, and fell asleep almost at once.

I need a holiday.

Comments