Staying still

Did not burst in my sleep, although a fairly ghastly night. Able this morning to pee again with something approaching normality, which was (boom-tish) a relief.

Claudia left for Ashford today. I really enjoyed having her to stay, and she is a funny, intelligent  girl with bags of character.  She is, without a doubt, my favourite niece.

A day of rest, I stayed still. In fact I was glued to the gold sofa and sleeping heavily. However my lovely Lorraine drove us to three nearby houses to look at them before I returned to the gold sofa. Two were really nice.

Contacted by Carl who said Ellie had started a holiday job in a chip shop, which she had gone out on her own and got. He is very proud of her. Also had a chat with First Matie, who is saying Yes to life in lots of ways. Details are embargoed but I am chuffed for her.

Also an email from Richard as his and Jane's Tuscan sojourn is drawing to an end. "We’ll miss the vibrant street markets; pre-dinner drinks in the local bar; fireflies in the garden at night; quick green lizards in the courtyard; swallows swooping round the house-tops; quiet times ‘at home’ reading, writing or, in Jane’s case, producing beautiful patterns in lace." Sigh.

Below Toby and Romy, with the Tobster eyeing a wooden bird, a birthday present. The photo taken by their pal Gillian.


Comments