House and home

It seems we have found a buyer for our house. Several consultations with my lovely Lorraine during the day about this.

Otherwise a day at work. Find I am not enjoying work so much lately, being constantly overwhelmed by a desire to go on a holiday, which won't be there for a while, matched with trying to make sense of a patchy brief. I enjoyed, however, a few minutes in the lunchtime oasis of the newly-refurbished Folyes, where I bought a book by French philosopher Maurice Merleau-Ponty, The World of Perception, which were lectures he gave on public radio. Just how I like my philosophy books, slim and crammed with ideas simply expressed.

Home and found my new niece Claudia cooking a chicken and bell pepper curry with Lorraine. I ate well and watched the first half of a disappointing game between Brazil and Mexico, their faces lit up by screens playing candy crush, and then we went off for a walk in the park. Saw some bats, which Claudia said she had never seen before, and smelled the roses in the rose garden, saw a fox and looked at tadpoles just about to become frogs, and a few newts.

The Tobster's birthday today, so FaceTimed him before bed, sitting in The Creamer Cafe. Amazing thing the Internet. Came downstairs to find Claudia FaceTiming Laura. Said hello and told her that Claudia was behaving angelically. And by and large she is.

Comments