Haggling

Back to work. Finding myself a good deal better than I was last Thursday, meant that the day passed smoothly and unremarkably. All to the good as I was dealing with the estate agent and negotiation on price. We are almost there now, I hope, but will have to wait till the haggling is done and dusted.

Back to Brighton without incident. Downloaded The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. He is a marvellously subtle writer, and I am enjoying this book immensely.

Off at Brighton and popped into Sing Li as Lorraine was doing Governor training. All very friendly in there. Chatting to a man I knew there waiting for his fish and chips, who I'd seen at a couple of the Shakespeare Heptet gigs. Then back through the station dodging past a scuffle between two station workers containing a fighty drunk little man before getting home to lounge before the TV watching football. Dominated this evening by the Uruguayan Suarez having a bite at an Italian defender. This is his third biting offence and is being called Jaws III by some.

Lorraine home and chatting about houses. Nothing we can do at the moment other than lock our fingers in a crossed position.

Comments