Gin and slim in The Batty

Ankle a good deal less painful today, thank God. Made a new poster for Beth's show Les Belles-soeurs at the Rose Theatre next month. Lorraine working on work reports for several hours.

We broke off this afternoon and loped to The Batty where we met Matt and John. I drank judicious, purine-light gin and slimline tonic,which apart from a solitary can of beer on the train home after my reading last week, was my first drink since Friday 13th. The good news is that I seem to be losing weight. For as well as miserablist near-teetotalism, I am eating the same slimming grub as Lorraine. Lorraine has lost over a stone and a half so far. She has a graph and the trajectory is relentlessly downward over the last five or six weeks. There is less Lorraine than there was and her clothes are loose on her.

Great to see Matt and John, and I felt as if I were reentering society a bit having lost the last couple of weekends to various ailements.We sat out in the beer garden and gossiped several hours away. Matt fresh from a romantic encounter, and John cheerfully lapping at white wine and laughing at him. Lorraine and I told them about the house, and also I gave them an early copy of the pamphlet each. Matt and I swapped ouch stories, as he still has a painful frozen shoulder.

Then hobbled home with my lovely wife for a peaceful evening in.

Below a version of the new poster, which, considering I am not a designer, turned out okay.


Comments