Little Saturday

Up after a poor night's sleep and walked off into the sunshine to the station and into London without incident. Read a story called The Garden of Forking Paths by Borges. Very splendid it was too.

Another potentially dangerous bottleneck of the crowd trying to leave the platform at Victoria. I took my phone from my pocket to photograph it, and I later tweeted this to Southern Rail and Gatwick Express. In this act, I realised later, my work pass slipped from my pocket and was lost. Gah.

Into work and little or nothing to report. Wrote, with pauses to regroup my brain, went down to by food from the Pure chain which is downstairs. They do rather good soups. Listened on my earphones to Clameur during the afternoon. I am always surprised at how good parts of it are.

Home without incident again. My lovely Lorraine and Claudia at home, and we spent a good deal of time chatting. Claudia told us that Wednesday in Finland is called Little Saturday and is an opportunity for drinking. We also looked at the bilingual book of Finnish Poetry I bought yesterday, and she read some out for us.

Lorraine stretching out her trousers this evening to demonstrate how much weight she has lost. And so to bed.

Comments