The mercy of working from home

Mercifully working from home today so as to allow me to sneak off first thing and have a blood test at the quacks, then pop into the barbers pen early nearby. I really like the nurse at the surgery. We were laughing about what would happen if the blood that came out was green, although she seemed relieved when it came out the usual colour. The barbers all friendly first thing in the morning. Area of concern gleaming, and steps were taken to control my increasingly Leonid Brezhnev stylee eyebrows.

Home and started work at the usual time. Chatting to Mark next door, who despite having left his house to move into the new one, was back to polyfiller in a few holes in the wall. Rather impressed by this. He seemed a little sad to be going too.

Sonia arrived and I had a quick chat with her, and a little later opened the door to Mark and a French man who wanted to look around the house, having seen it just published. I showed him around. He seemed lean and keen.

Lovely hot day. At lunch sauntered off to Arkwrights taking Claudia, now up and about and well again with me and buying her a piece of chocolate cake. She then went off to the army recruitment place, but found she needed to have an appointment after going there.

Lorraine returned to work from home this afternoon too. Very hot this afternoon in the Old Church Hall, a fact which planted a pint of lager shaped seed in my mind. Finished work then, pausing only to drop a tub of aqueous cream which exploded quite remarkably all over the bathroom, my trousers and new shoes, my lovely Lorraine to the rescue, as usual. Then Lorraine, Claudia and I repaired to The Signalman and sat in a sunny beer garden where we were joined for a little by Dawn. I drank a few beers. They were nice, and would have been joined by a few more if
it hadn't been a school night.

Home to watch Brazil vs Croatia, the first game in the world cup. Hurrah for football! Brazil won, but were lucky. Then to bed.

Below my eyebrows pictured earlier.


Comments