A gathering of the Woods clan

Back into London for me. Lovely Lorraine drove me to the station to minimise hobbling. Luckily my ankle is much better now, but was still far from perfect. Bussed into work from Victoria and had an okay day there, although don't seem to accomplish as much as I do at home.

After work I walked a few hundred yards to where the Woods clan were gathering. Lorraine and I were found in the street by Lorraine's brother Derek. Lorraine had been a bit tearful thinking about seeing him and gave him a big hug. He then took us to a nearby pub where Pat and Maureen, Laura, Jason and Claudia had a table. Lovely to meet Derek and Laura over from Finland again. And meet Jason again who is working at Stanstead Airport. Kept being struck by all the family resemblances, and how Derek looks like his mother, and Sam. Laura, it turns out reads this blog from time to time, and its nice to know that it plays its part in keeping everyone connected. She is a creative person and I am sure we have quite a bit in common. Lorraine and I have been plotting to go to over to Finland to see them there. I am looking forward to this a good deal having never been near Scandinavia.

Fond farewells, and Lorraine and I adopted young Claudia who is coming to stay with us for a few weeks, and walked with Pat and Maureen down to Charing Cross. Maureen walking much more confidently than she had been in Guernsey.

Cabbed to Victoria and then took the train to Three Bridges where Lorraine had left her car and we drove home, Claudia under Lorraine's coat in the back.  I hurried gratefully in bed once home, as Lorraine was bathing a blister on Claudia's heel in salt water.

Below three men of the Woods: Jason, Derek and Pat; Maureen, Lorraine and Laura.




Comments