Beach and soul

Back up to London. The enthusiasm for the week at a lowish Friday ebb. Saw TV's Alan Davies on my morning bus from Victoria, for the second or third time, clamped behind protective headphones. Was clamped into my own headphones during the day tiredly chunking out lots of copy. The job I am working on is long, which is excellent for the coffers but feels quite a bit like having a normal job.

Dozing on the train home, but then walked home where the lovely Dawn picked me up outside The Shahi and drove us to Hove. On the way there I spoke to Lorraine and was tasked to bring fish and chips to the advance party on the beach. Dawn bought some beers and then we parked up on the seafront and crunched down the pebbles to find Lorraine, Claudia, Anton and Rosie sitting on blankets on the rapidly cooling beach. Also two people I'd seen in the fish and chip shop who turned out to be two of Rosie's mates.

Fish and chips eaten, and the temperature dropping, Rosie's mates (who I never really got around to talking to) left and we went to The Brunswick to warm up. World cup footie on a screen there, where the Dutch were thumping world champions Spain 5-1.  Rather than watch this however, we all repaired to watch a highly-enjoyable soul band, catchily named The South Coast Soul Review, to whom we cavorted merrily. Then the gang finally broke up and Lorraine, Claudia and I cabbed home to the Old Church Hall where I watched a bit of footie before bed.

Below Dawn and Lorraine, and my new niece Claudia (doing the selfie face) and Lorraine.



Comments