Yellow dinosaur

Another rainy day. I love the music of rain falling on the velux windows. It mitigates against the heavy machinery grinding away on the viaduct above my head. I noticed, however, one of the bright yellow cranes is called a Bronto. Perhaps I should learn to love them, lumbering about in the rain as they do.

Watched a TED talk today, which are often brilliant gobbets of interesting stuff. Susan Cain was talking about The Power of Introverts, despite being really good at things, are not really catered for in modern school and workplace environments. She said at one point "there is zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas", which I rather liked. I am close to the middle I think. I loving mingling with others and can happily take centre stage, but also I crave bouts of solitude.

Such as spending a productive day making big strides with The New Idea. This is not going to be a massive project, and so I can invest a few weeks in it, and then have something to tout around. Because it is a worky type project, it will prove useful in earning my daily bread too, so I cannot lose. Worked on this continually till Lorraine came home. Lorraine now having to prepare for her big interview so after I fed her sat on the gold sofa preparing on her iPad.

I listened to Rachmaninov's 3rd Symphony tonight.



Comments