Lorraine is big and clever

Up working on The New Idea for most of the day, and thinking about it in the gym during my workout. Very broadly, the New Idea is about the business of creative concepting. It feels a bit like a copywriting job too, more of a chore that my other writing, but I hope it will be of practical use and therefore be sellable. Sell like piping hot cakes in fact.

On my way back from the gym, I got a call from Lorraine excitably lurking in a corridor saying she had an interview for the job she had applied for. Getting an interview with her first application is an excellent achievement and when she came home we had a glass of bubbly to celebrate. I am proud of her. Mum called this afternoon too.

Then a stroll around the park after supper for 40 minutes, really nice just to get out. Plants and roses all luxuriant with having had so much water.

I find myself watching too much TV these days: mainly The Big Bang Theory, and footie, but this needs to change. When the Olympics are on I can safely ignore it. For me the Olympics is a yawnfest. I try to be interested in, say, who can run around in a big circle faster than everyone else, but I just can't.

Reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel this evening. A proper Tudor page turner and no mistake.

Comments