The snick of summer

Goaded by an all night headache which gradually wore off as the day progressed. Lorraine working again all day in preparation for her headship interview. I worked companionably on The New Idea on my desk next to Lorraine's, when I wasn't reading about Chelsea's victory last night. Dawn came around in the afternoon armed with organic carrot cake, and I left the ladies to education discussions.

I took myself off to walk in the breezy sunshine around Preston Park, and ambled about for an hour or so, pausing to watch a few overs of a Ladies cricket match and feeling like Summer was coming, hearing the snick of willow on leather cricket ball.

Have almost finished listening to Wolf Hall which I have done when not writing or thinking about The New Idea, which seems to be progressing by blurts of writing, and hours of thinking. Cooked a nice meal for Lorraine tonight of my own invention. L is bearing up surprisingly well. Next weekend will be the same, as her interview is Monday week. She needs a holiday. And so do I.

Comments