Snumm tummied

A decent Friday's work. Awake early and writing in bed, before I went to my desk. To the gym too for a reasonable enough session. Just great to be walking about outside savoring the weird non-rain. The cats frisking about too, feeling the spring.

Finished The Sheltering Sky. Flawed but intriguing, is my three word review. The last 'book' of the story is a depiction of the female character Kit having a nervous breakdown, and drifts into a kind of surrealism, with dreamlike decisions and logic pervading. An audacious move and although people struggle with this, judging by posts on Amazon and so on, for me this may be the best part of the book.

Lorraine and I off to Anton's in the evening for one of his famously delicious pizza nights. He had also invited Rosie, and we had really good evening, playing records, eating Anton's immaculate pizzas and chatting. Anton then produced a chocolate cake at the end of the night too, to be accompanied by decaffeinated Bailey's coffee. Lorraine and I floating home down the hill after midnight.

Below the Drum-Tummied Snumm, or what I felt like after eating multiple slices at Anton's house.

Comments