From hawk to rat

A bright and cheering start. Was offered three bits of freelance work, naturally for more or less the same time, but I appear to have two lined up for next week. Otherwise spent the morning falling hawkishly on the mistakes in my manuscript. Also contacted by Chiara Beebe, who is currently in Italy, but has been thinking about my poem A Return which she is now seeing as a piece for solo voice and full orchestra. She has earmarked August 6th as a possible date for its performance in St Peter Port.

Felt like my plug had been pulled out half way through the afternoon, so I had a refreshing walk in the park. But after about 35 minutes, I felt utterly sluggish. Home to listen to a meditation tape, its soothing undermined by Calliope's feet clawing happily on my chest.

Back to work till seven, by which time Lorraine had returned and to work next to me in the study. Enter Brian making proud meeping noises. Lorraine looked over the banister and, after a carefully long-range triage, said he had brought a dead rat; disposing of rodent corpses is a Peter Kenny task.

After the ceremony complete, and hands washed OCD style, I cooked a shrimpy noodle dish of my own devising, which was curiously delicious. Too drained however to force Lorraine out for a Project Lorraine march afterwards. Enjoying A Confederacy of Dunces, which is my bedside book and rather funny. Lorraine catching up with The Great British Sewing Bee on her iPad. This may be a TV series about an unusually gifted insect, but I haven't seen it.

Comments