Gold Sofa day

Abandoned myself to the healing properties of the gold sofa to recover from general wanness. Read more of A Confederacy of Dunces, which is a good dip in and dip out book. Also listened to a CD of Harrison Birtwhistle's work called The Moth Requiem which I bought whimmishly. A curate's egg so far but I am sure I will learn to love it.

Also slept a good deal of the afternoon too. Lorraine out in London with Carolyn looking at fabric in art. I also made time to listen to Radio 5 which had commentary of Chelsea versus Arsenal, which Chelsea won an astonishing 6-0. It was the Arsenal manager Arsen Wenger's 1000th game in charge of Arsenal and what a way to rain on his parade. I bestirred myself to go with my lovely wife to Sainsburys when she returned to Brighton. A quiet evening where Lorraine caught up with thrillers until it was time for a glorious edition of Match of the Day.

Comments