Meeting Elsie

Up at five o'clock this morning. Having talked to Robin and Catherine over the last couple of days, woke up with a very clear picture in my head of how to be more businesslike about promoting my writing, and strengthen the book proposal and simply had to write it all down before I could go back to sleep. Back to bed and slept in late, and felt somewhat improved on yesterday. Cats confused by their early breakfast.

Lorraine met Betty in town this afternoon, and I did some more work inspired by my sudden clarity. Nice to see Beth later in the afternoon.

Lorraine and I off in the evening, after waiting longer for a taxi than it would have taken us to walk, to Hotel du Vin where we met Matty and Isy. Also met young Elsie too for the first time. A charming baby, which enjoyed being cuddled by Lorraine, but cried in an affronted way when on my knee. The pretentious bar busy, with people dressed up and swanky. I like it.

We went across the road to an Indian restaurant with the baby, who was as good as gold. Isy seems to have taken to motherhood with confidence and glowing with happiness about being a mother. Matt looks a happy and proud father. All well. Good to chat to Matty. We'd not had a chat for some time.

Restaurant quite fun, with a sort of comical undertone of controlled ineptitude. Food fine though.

Below Lorriane holding Elsie in the low lit Hotel du Vin.


Comments